Technical Coordinator, Glendive, MT
|Description:||Electro-Motive Diesel is owned by Progress Rail, a Caterpillar Company. EMD is the world's largest developer and manufacturer of locomotives for freight, intercity passenger, commuter, switching, industrial and mining customers. EMD also designs, develops and manufactures engines and generators for marine applications, offshore and land-based drilling rigs and stationary power units.|
|Duties:||• Effectively troubleshoot and repair all mechanical and electrical systems of a locomotive.|
• Maintain safe practices and good housekeeping.
• Train and develop new employees (hourly and salaried.)
• Maintain records on work and modifications performed, and analyze data and report results.
• Ensure all governmental agency inspection requirements and/or procedures are accounted for and documented.
• Frequent contact with customers.
• Effective contact with others.
• Promote good group relations.
• Research/coordinate special tool and material requirements.
• Assist in the investigation and documentation of product warranty issues.
• Efectively update daily shop reports as required.
• Assist in the identification, investigation, and resolution of product reliability and performance issues.
• Prepare task procedure documentation/instructions to effectively communicate requirements to the shop workforce.
• Identify and report warranty and charge back items.
College degree with a major in engineering or equivalent training.
Additional Candidate Qualifications:
• Medium level of oral and written communications skills.
• Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and workforce.
• Medium level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
• Medium level of mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• Knowledge of fundamental inspection and reliability
Procedures and processes.
• Ability to read Engineering drawings.
• Knowledge of shop practices and basic machinery.
• Willingness to relocate.
• Ability to work as a part of a multi shift seven (7) day a week operation.
This position is eligible for relocation.
Electro-Motive Diesel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer to all persons regardless of race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We maintain a drug-free work place and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.